Friday 29 May 2015

Fly on the Wall



I know, I know, ‘fly on the wall’ usually has to do with eavesdropping, like “I’d really love to be a fly on the wall for that discussion”

In this instance I am being very literal; there is a fly on my wall. An insect type fly, just one, and he’s made it his goal in life to pester me continuously.

Surprise, surprise, I found my neon green flyswatter on a hook in the closet. Aren’t I the organized one? Not only did I have a flyswatter, but I didn’t have to go in search of it because I’d forgotten where I put it.

Using the flyswatter is one of those ‘bicycle riding’ skills. Once you learn how to do it, you can do it again. Unless you have a super fly who can fly at the speed of light and leap over tall bookcases to avoid the zap of my swat.

It’s all in the wrists, right? You need to be fast, give a quick snap of the wrist and let the tip of the flyswatter catch that pesky fly before he even knows what’s hit him.

Maybe my wrists are weak, or I’m uncoordinated, but that required snap is not working. My house guest and I will have to learn to get along until I get my fly swatting skills up to speed. It better be soon as I know he’s laughing at me as he sits on the screen while I write.


Just wait, Buster, your time is coming.

No comments: