Thursday 14 May 2015

Book #35...Delusions in Death

Book #35...Delusions in Death

I have read ahead and finished the series with #39, book #40 not due out until September. I was so involved these last few books I forgot to make notes, and almost forgot to post, but here goes.

A massacre has taken place in a New York bar owned by Roarke. Is this a terrorist attack? Or a direct and personal hit at Roarke? Eve has to wade through the bodies, trying to make sense of such a senseless act.

When a second attack occurs, with no connection to Roarke the investigation looks to the links between the victims. It’s an emotional and draining effort by her whole team, and it takes its toll. Strangely enough, it is Summerset who gives Eve one of her best leads.

Of course, when his property was hit, his employees killed, Roarke cannot be kept out of the investigation. He works as hard and as tirelessly as any of the cops on the task force and in this case he becomes an accepted member of the team.

He has proven himself, time and again, and this time he risks it all. The story is gruesome, an unexpected attack on helpless citizens, and all too real.

I’ve been reading, and obviously rereading these books for years. This is the first time I have read them in order, one immediately after the other, as I didn’t start at number one but had to go back to play catch up.

I continue to marvel at the author’s ability to not only come up with a new murder scenario for each book, but that the characters remain so interesting, leaving the reader wanting to know what happens next.

Incidences, and minor characters are melded into current stories in a perfectly logical way, and I shake my head at the author’s ability to do this. How many books does she have outlined, not yet written? With all the characters she has created, it’s amazing that she can pick that one to bring back, and often in a very important way for the case.


I’m a fan, what else can I say?

No comments: