Wednesday 1 April 2015

A...Arts and Crafts



At my old place I had a long and narrow storage locker, with shelves running across the top and plastic drawer bins underneath. The three drawer bins were specific for sewing, scrapbooking and painting. I also had a large box filled with frames, art work and canvases.

The shelves held all my yarn and all the other craft supplies that I felt were essential to my crafting life. I won’t even go into the stuff in the bedroom closet, on the bookshelves or under my bed. When I moved I thought I had thinned everything down to the bare minimum.

What I kept was stored in 25 photo boxes, and they are stacked on the shelves of the new and smaller storage closet at the new place. I still have some drawered plastic bins, and some files to hold all my paper.

What I’m trying to remember is what did I actually get rid of? My son has all my fabric in those vacuum seal bags and my daughter has all the art work.

It’s time to “shit or get off the pot”, so to speak. Spring cleaning will be spring clean out, as I will either make use of each item...or get rid of it. I am determined the cupboards will be cleared out and organized before winter comes round again.

My new mantra, which is much like the old, is “I will not buy craft supplies. I will not buy craft supplies. I will not buy craft supplies.”

Unfortunately it works out more like this. “I will not buy...oh, look at that...I love that colour.”


Maybe the mantra should be...:”I will not enter the craft store. I will not enter the craft store. I will not enter the craft store.” 

3 comments:

Kathleen Moulton said...

Hello! I am reading your blog since it's part of the A-Z challenge.

Are you done with crafting altogether?

Good luck with sorting, organizing and cleaning up!

-Kathy
http://kathleenmoulton.com


Robyn Proctor said...

I know, it's so tempting to buy all the crafty things I see. I have to avoid it haha!

Midweek Musimg said...

I will always craft or create in some way, even if it's only in my imagination. But first I want to use up the supplies I have stored. LOL