Tuesday 3 March 2015

Winter's Final Fling



We had a few days of sun, some days where the temperature hovered for a few hours above freezing. It is amazing how it lifts the spirits, to realize we are more out of winter than we are in.

I walked along the road at my place on the weekend, one that circles through this end of the complex and therefore gets limited traffic, and it was completely covered in snow, smoothed and compacted by the many runs of the plow. The main roads may be clear, but not here.

Yesterday I could actually see pavement on the road after the sun and milder temperatures. It would be nice to have the road clear, and not have to be so cautious with every step I take, but if it stayed mild, I’m afraid what might happen when the mountains of snow piled up here and there in the court begin to melt. Flooding is going to be a major concern this spring.

Today it is dull and grey, no sign of the sun, and it has snowed off and on all day, enough to cover the road again. The wind is blowing and makes it look like a blizzard out there and I’m quite content to stay inside where it’s warm and dry, put my feet up and amuse myself with crocheting.


Not over yet, but the end is in sight.

No comments: