Wednesday 6 August 2014

A Mini Milestone



When I was a kid I had pen pals from all over the world, and loved nothing more than to see that blue airmail envelope that meant a letter from a friend. I’m sorry that those friendships went by the wayside.

Now, we can communicate without paper and stamps and it should be so much easier. I started this blog fueled by those old feelings. In the beginning I checked the Blogger Dashboard frequently, amazed at the number of countries that were represented as having read a post.

Today I can proudly say I have reached 200 posts, and over 4000 views.

When I began I intended to post once a week, but jumped right into daily posts with the A-Z Challenge in April. I like writing these essays on everyday life, about my life and about my writing.

Someone told me they didn’t like it when I referenced my health situation, and I can see that, I guess, it can be a bit of a downer. But it is my reality. I have Multiple Sclerosis, and Fibromyalgia. I have a bad back, neck and knee from osteoarthritis.

I have good days, and not so good days. My computer and my writing get me through both. So, I listened to what that person said and took all health references out of the regular blog. But, at the same time I felt I was being less than honest. I have been on disability for ten years, and in those years my life has changed in many ways. I’ve learned some hard lessons and decided I had experiences that I could share that might help others in the same situation.

To that end I started a second blog, dealing entirely with what it is like living with a chronic illness. I went back to the beginning, telling the story of my journey. If you are interested the link is below.



It’s amazing the difference it has made, I feel more like the old me in Midweek Musing, but can still show my other side in Scattered Thoughts and Stumbles. Do you like the name? I thought it pretty well described my life and shows I still have a sense of humour.

No comments: