“Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
I love listening to the sounds of nature:
- The sound of the rain against the window pane, and the rumble of thunder in the distance when I am safe in bed,
- The chatter and song of the birds in the morning,
- The roar of the waves beating against the shore,
- The lowing of cattle in the field by day,
- The howl of the wolves at night.
I love listening to the sound of children’s laughter:
- The excitement of Christmas morning,
- Little girls playing dress up,
- Dancing to the music,
- Jumping in a pile of fall leaves,
- That birthday-party feeling, just before blowing the candles out,
- Running out the door on the last day of school,
- And racing into the lake, splashing water all about.