Wednesday 2 December 2020

The Differences Between Men and Woman

 I made a trip out of town with my son, as he had a special order to pick up. I went along for the ride and the conversation. We made the usual detour to the drive thru for our coffee and tea and hit the highway.

On the way back he asked if I needed anything, and I replied “just milk, I’ll put a grocery order in later”. 

At the store I mentioned I also needed coffee creamer and tried to sneak in one more item.

“So what, now I’m shopping?” he replied. I would make do with the milk, the creamer, and the chicken strips that he so graciously added to his shopping. It makes me laugh, that this guy hates shopping so much yet always asks if I need anything.

Not long after I accompanied my daughter on an out of town errand she needed to make. (Adding the sold sign on the house she’d just sold”).

“I’m not like your son,” she said. When we hit the drive thru we also got breakfast.

I know we ran a number of errands that morning, picking up my online order at Walmart, her quick trips into the grocery and dollar stores.  As the weather gets colder these excursions where I wait in the car may not be as comfortable but I do enjoy the chance to visit uninterrupted.  

Life for everyone can get so busy, and you have to make the most of what opportunities are presented to keep in touch. Texting is great but nothing can replace a real face to face conversation.

I live alone, and like it that way. I spend my time as I want, painting, crocheting, and now, apparently writing. But after awhile I need some human contact, some real, some talk I don’t have to type.

So when I’m asked if I need anything, I might say yes, if for no other reason than the quick visit we can have when you come by. Works for me. 

No comments: