Wednesday 9 December 2020

Christmas Crochet

 It’s been six years since I introduced Christmas crochet to our family holiday traditions.  Each year I pick a crochet theme and make one for each member of the family, thirteen in total. Each item is one of a kind, made with love. 

It started with hats, as winter is cold and snowy here.  Then I tried socks, hats and mitts, slippers. Items need to be on a small scale, so sweaters and Afghans are out, but it’s been hard finding things without being too repetitive.

One year I had fun with it and made everyone a stuffed animal. Who doesn’t like stuffies?

Last year was not a good year foe me and I just couldn’t gather the creative energy. It was the year of the mug cozy, fast and functional.

This year I went all out, made the basic thirteen and a couple of dozen more. I went a little stir crazy for Gnomes. It was such fun to make the basic body and then give each little man some character.

What do you you think?








No comments: