Friday 12 February 2016

Technology Tyrants





I was beginning to think that my electronic devices had it in for me.

First, my tablet died. I’ll admit I didn’t use it very much, and when I tried to problem solve on line I figured I just had a bad battery.

Next, the laptop went dead screen. It was truly done and gone, but it was older, and I’d let the viruses in, so my bad.

I knew I was being bullied by my electronics when my Kindle went dead when I was half way into J.D. Robb’s newest book.

I have the new laptop, with virus protection, and fully expected I was going to have to buy a new reader, and wondered what happened to all the books I’ve downloaded. So I went to the Amazon site and found a Help section, and lo and behold, I got the Kindle working. I finished the book last night so all is well with my world.

Since I’m on a roll, I tried the same help technique on the tablet, and it worked. I don’t know what I did, maybe there was some magnetic storm over my house creating havoc with all things electronic, and it’s moved on, or maybe I was just holding my mouth wrong. Who knows, but at the moment, we’re happy, virus free and in working order.


Time away has not made it any easier to do those 4Pics One Word games on the tablet. I need a different kind of help button there.

No comments: