Sunday 13 December 2015

Size Does Matter



People say that size doesn’t matter, but we all know it does, depending on what one is measuring. There’s an old joke about big feet, big...naughty, naughty, naughty, not what I was referring to at all. I was thinking more of the following examples.

In money amounts: the dollar amount in your bank account, the amount owing on your credit card. Then there’s your hourly wage earned or outstanding mortgage, or even cash in your pocket.

Then there’s appearance: weight for women is always an issue, just as height is for a man. Some things never change.

How about the weather? Amount of predicted rain or snow, and let’s not forget the scales used to measure the force of a tornado or hurricane.

Funny, what inspired this whole thought process was the cap on my bottle of water. I find the cap hard to open as it is so narrow, barely 5/16ths of an inch. Not usual for many products is the fact that the bottle is filled right to the top, and the plastic used is so very thin. Every time I struggle to open the bottle I squeeze it and once the cap is off I splash myself with water.

I go through this every morning with the bottle of water I keep at my bedside, and use to take my morning pills. I have to find a new system.

Back to things where size matters, how could I forget the fishermen? In any good fisherman’s tale it was always the big one that got away.


No comments: