Monday 23 June 2014

No Cash for the Kitty


I’ve written before about my new system for saving money, my Five Bucks Plan, ( see http://moonrisemusing.blogspot.ca/2014/06/five-bucks-five-bucks-five-bucks.html) and I have to say it was much more lucrative in the beginning. But I’m sticking with it, after all, any penny saved is a penny earned.

This whole savings thing has become a family joke. Every time I pay for something we all watch to see what I get back in my change.

It’s fun, and I like the randomness of it.

The other day my son and I were going through the drive thru to pick up a coffee before his son’s lacrosse game. I gave him a twenty to pay, and got a $10 bill and some coin back.

We immediately laughed. No cash for the kitty that day.

Maybe I’ll have better luck today. I’m meeting my brother for lunch later, and it’s my turn to pay.

I’m going to spend my gopher money, but that’s a story for another day.

No comments: