Wednesday 31 March 2021

Painted Clothes

 Pinterest offers such a wealth of creativity, and even when I can’t actually be creative, I can think about and plan, maybe even dream about the projects I’d like to do.

I’ve seen a lot of painted denim, both jeans and jackets. This project has been on my back burner for years, a prepandemic idea. I had even purchased a sort of denim jacket to experiment on.

With another denim project in mind, to make a rag denim wreath with my granddaughter, I had a need for old denim. When my daughter called from the thrift store that jeans were on sale for fifty cents each I told her to get me 10 pairs and I was in business. LOL

Three pairs went to a friend and family, to wear. I cut two pairs up for the wreaths and had pockets and tops for other projects. No excuses not to dive in and try some painting. My hesitation is based on fact I have not done any art work for over a year, and find it hard to get started.

But get started I did. Not bad for a couple days work.






No comments: