Saturday 3 April 2021

Community Library Boxes

 I’m not sure exactly when it began, but our library has a community project to encourage reading. They have placed attractive wooden boxes in various locations about town, filled with books. The books are free and can be taken from the box, borrowed to be read and returned, or kept if so desired. 

I have seen the boxes on various streets, and in public locations like the arena.

Today I was out and noticed a box in a beautiful neighbourhood not far from the town park. There is a tree by the sidewalk that now has a metal bench surrounding it, further encouragement for a passerby to sit and check out the books. 

I am an avid reader, and book hoarder. When I moved to this much smaller place, I knew it would all work out because there was a spot that was a perfect fit for my bookcases.

Next time I venture out I may just have to check out this box, and take a rest on the bench, or maybe I’ll drop off something new for others to enjoy.




No comments: