Wednesday 24 February 2021

Faerie Tarot Cards

 


A number of years ago I bought myself a set of tarot cards, not for reading but for the art. There are so many possibilities on many different themes.

I was given a set that came in a beautiful box, cards plus a hardcover book on how to do a reading, including the meaning of each card. 

I found it this morning when looking on my bookcase for another book and was drawn to look at them. Kind of a “the faerie made me do it” thing.

I skimmed read the beginning.  Directed to spread the cards out face up, I was to pick the card that appealed the most, and the one that appealed the least.  The first, most liked card represents what I’m trying to create, the least appealing is a message from the universe.  

The first wants me to explore who I am, to discover parts of my talent and potential that have been hidden by old traumas, misunderstandings or lack of opportunity.  Funny that I just put my sewing machine away to get back to art. I haven’t painted in over a year. Not because of the pandemic but more to with with my falls last Christmas and a change in my health status. 

I’ve been using the art, photography and tutorials on Pinterest for inspiration. I usually do mixed media collage and was thinking I might give watercolour or pastels a try. 

The second card, my message from the universe, is telling me to lighten up. I’m to have more fun, be adventurous, try new things. 

I’m a firm believer that things happen for a reason. There was a message for me in those cards, that I needed at this time. 

Think I’ll try watercolour first, try some new techniques, something different. LOL. We’ll see how it works out. 

No comments: