Wednesday 10 February 2021

So Sue Me!

 I broke the rules, shame on me, but it was so worth it. 

By the Covid-19 rules in Ontario, people were to stay home unless they were working or shopping for necessities, like groceries. A sort of...what’s in your bubble, stays in your bubble.  It’s been six weeks or so since this stricter lockdown was ordered on the day after Christmas.

Considering that there are a number of one person households, like mine, often with a (hate saying this) a senior citizen who may have special needs or maybe just needs a bit of help, along with some friendly words.

I haven’t left my place in all these weeks and for the most part have been content. I break the rules by associating outside my bubble with, how dare I, two other bubbles.  Each of my children have been by at least once a week and text often to ask if I need anything.

Today I burst the bubble and had a visit from two of my granddaughters, and the timing couldn’t have been better. I’ve felt like crap for days, and the sunshine has not been enough to lift my spirits. 

I have been crafting, of course. Asked to make four valentine gnomes for a friend, I made nine as I had too many ideas and thought there should be a choice. I have also make stress balls, Izzy dolls, and two pocket scarves of my own design. And not to forget the ‘Among Us’ hats and character dolls. 

Wanting to put everything on line to sell, I needed the girls to model the merchandise. They also helped me put stuff away on high shelves and in hard to reach cupboards so that my sofa is clear as is my worktop, except for my friendly gnomes.

That stuff was convenient but not important, because living with the bits and pieces of my various creative endeavours is normal. The clearing space an occasional necessity.

What I needed was the smiling faces, the quick and easy chatter, the love, the belonging and the needing and being needed in return.

I felt so much better after they left, for the visit, not for their leaving. So screw the rules. 

Strangely enough, we’d been talking about the current Facebook and how much it’s changed, and not for the better. I told the girls that it was through Facebook that I connected with an old friend, and lo and behold who called me this afternoon but that old friend. She must have sensed something (cue music, do do do do do do etc.).



Who would not be cheered up by these beautiful faces? I broke the rules, so sue me lol.

No comments: