Tuesday 6 September 2016

School Days, School Days

I was lying in bed this morning, thinking about how quiet and peaceful my morning was, and how it was not the same for the parents with kids going back to school today.

Some kids get up, eager to face the day, others have to be called, and called, and nudged along. Clothes need to be selected, back packs filled with pencils and papers, lunches packed with nourishing food to feed these young minds.

I do feel sympathy for that morning chaos, really I do, but also a bit of smugness, after all, been there, done that.

I was looking for a photo of a school bus to add to my blog, found instead some interesting checklists.


Here's another.


Also found too many sites on making breakfast and lunches ahead of time, making life easier.

My Dad always said it took 3 weeks to make any change in routine a habit, or to get familiar with something new, like a new car. I figure by Thanksgiving, the Canadian one, the kids and parents will find their rhythm, and long hot summer days with the late nights, idle days and sleep in mornings will be a distant memory.

Now that I think about it, that's my routine, day in and day out, the bliss of retirement.


No comments: