Sunday 27 September 2015

Mixed Media Card Inspiration

I use Pinterest and the internet to keep up with what other artists are doing, what new mediums are available and how to use them. Like the Gelli pad I have on my wish list.

There are so many different techniques, like the effects gained using salt or plastic wrap with watercolor. I use acrylics more than watercolor, and the possibilities there are just as endless.

I found this demonstration on Youtube, by an artist who has created a deck of cards, each giving a different direction to take in a piece of art work. In the video she uses eleven of them. The directions are varied, from adding paint with something other than a paintbrush to using a stencil.

You get the idea.

It's a very interesting way to go about it and adds a touch of serendipity to your work.


Watch, enjoy, and be inspired.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqyu8FGgwM

No comments: