Saturday 6 December 2014

Blue Whale Wine



I’m not much of a drinker, though I do like a cold beer on a hot summer day, or some Irish Cream in hot chocolate before bed on a cold winter’s night. I was in the Liquor Store recently, my once a year trip for the holidays.

This trip I bought some whiskey for my homemade Kahlua and Irish Cream. I only make it once a year. I also bought a bottle of strawberry flavoured white Zinfandel, and sat down tonight to have a glass before dinner.

Part of having a drink at home, alone, is presentation. A nice wine glass is part of that. I know I kept some wine glasses when I moved, and think they are in the cupboard over the refrigerator.

My mood is much improved over earlier this week. A pleasant dinner out, some conversation, made all the difference. Today I went out with another friend, to a craft show in the village north of town, and then had a brunch/lunch at Wimpey’s restaurant.

The afternoon, when I got home; was spent crocheting, and tonight I enjoyed a glass of wine before a late dinner. I was too lazy to clear off the fridge, and my regular glasses are more geared to the grandchildren than to sipping wine.

I decided presentation doesn’t really matter. I’m sipping my wine from a small plastic glass, decorated with a blue whale, and it tastes just as good.


If the kids read this and are still looking for gift ideas for me...here goes. I’d like just one of those stemless wine glasses, much easier to handle and set on the table. Also wouldn’t mind one tall glass, made of glass, for when I want to feel something more special. I drink out of one of those plastic glasses with the screw on lids and hole for a straw. Ok for water and some drinks, but sometimes you just want to feel...fancier. Nothing too fancy, guys, dollar store glass is just fine.

No comments: