Thursday 18 September 2014

Toes Woes



One of the best things about spring is being able to shed the boots and heavy shoes, then with summer it’s sandal weather and bare feet. Yeah!!!!!!

But now summer is over, by the way the weather has changed if not by the actual calendar, and you know what that means. It’s been cold, and damp, and my feet are freezing.

My first step was to wear my slippers around the house. They’re a slip on with a sheepskin type lining. But soon they were not enough. Next I went to those slipper socks, the ones that are big and loose, but warm.

The nights have been cool and I refuse to put the heat on this early, seems silly when I open the windows during the day to put the heat on at night, but that’s just me. So I wear my slipper socks to bed and am quite comfortable.

The days are cooler now and I’m still wearing my crocs, the $5 pair I bought at Walmart early last spring. They are so comfortable, but now I’m faced with...dare I say it...crocs and socks? Is that as bad a fashion faux pas as socks and sandals?

I had to dig through my drawers to find my regular socks, and when I go out today I’ll still wear my crocs, black and black, so not quite so blatant. I’m just not ready for the running shoes that will seem so heavy and confining, my toes feeling claustrophobic.

Aren’t there some lyrics that go “Seasons change and so must we...” I guess it’s inevitable, spring into summer, summer into fall, and fall into winter. Socks into sandals, sandals into shoes, shoes into boots.


I guess I’ll shut up and wear the damn socks, it’s better than the alternative, an early winter and snow boots.

2 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Where do you live?!! May I come and visit you??

Here in San Diego County, CA, the temp. has been 90s to 111. Even by the ocean which seems usually to be immune to the heat.

Midweek Musimg said...

I've never seen the Pacific, bet it's beautiful. I live in Ontario, Canada on the Great Lakes. Four seasons, so a constant mystery as to what the weather will be. I can't imagine living in that kind of constant heat.