Friday 26 August 2022

Frazzle

 


This cute little guy’s name is Frazzle. Not a name I gave him but one he came with. I thought the name was very apt for my mother and bought it as a gift. 

It was a difficult time for our family. My mother had had two surgeries, first for endometrial cancer, and second for the lung where it had spread. She was undergoing an intensive radiation regimen of treatment, hence the being frazzled.

I was a single mom, living in Canada, and she was living in Florida.  I sent the dog to make her laugh, to let her know I was with her in my thoughts, if not in person.

Frazzle is mine, and has been for more than twenty years.  My grandkids have seen it, wanted it, but I can’t give it away, the connection too dear.

Frazzle has a friend, Tommy, another stuffed animal I sent my Mom. He’s a white cat, a bit smaller than the original and missing his brown spots but a close copy. Mom loved the real Tommy that lived in my house and often said how much she’d miss him when she moved south. So, I got her one of her own and mailed it as a house warming gift.

These guys are not often off the shelf but I needed Frazzle for a special occasion. My granddaughter was turning 21, and I was sending her a multitude of greetings by text throughout the day.

I positioned Frazzle and made a quick video message, singing Happy Birthday off camera and out of sight.

I did make it down to Florida twice after that time, the second when I brought Frazzle and Tommy home. 

My eyes have filled with tears as I write, remembering both good times and bad. I miss you Mom, today and every day. Love you always. ❤️

No comments: