Monday 12 September 2022

Gloomy Days

 For September the weather has been all rain with grey skies, and today such gloom with high humidity. My hair has no curl whatsoever but I imagine those with a tendency to frizz and curl are hating this weather. 

I hate it because my joints ache in damp weather. An old wives tale that I can attest is true.

I’ve been painting like mad, trying to get something done to submit to the annual juried show at our local art gallery. Trying out different techniques on 8x10 canvas boards. 

I’m using faces from ten year old Vogue magazines. There is a technique using matte medium where you can transfer an image. It’s kind of hit and miss for me. One thing I forget is that you add medium to the right side and place it on canvas, so image is reversed. Once you’ve transferred the image you let it dry, then dampen it and remove paper backing, leaving the ink on your canvas.

First attempt I tried I added medium to back so just adhered it right side up. I then painted around it. 


The next transfer I remembered to put the gel on right side. Not that it made much of a difference as photo was of a reflection. 

I love faces and now have a file full for future use. A good start I think.


No comments: