Thursday 25 June 2015

Hey, I Got No Bananas



I saw a video on a friend’s Facebook page that showed a very ripe banana and then a spider erupted from the peel. I hate spiders, and shock, fear and worry, have three bananas ripening on the counter.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nickguillory/spider-comes-out-of-banana-special-effects-kaleb-lekowski#.bnOpmbvZZa


The first day I opened the peel with a great deal of caution, ready to kill whatever might pop out.

Then I was reading Alex Kava’s new book, Ryder Creed, and lo and behold, there was a scene about a tiny spider web found on...you got it...a banana. Out of this web came hundreds of white poisonous spiders. I tell you, I’ve kept a close watch on that yellow fruit on the counter.

So now I’m left with two very ripe bananas, because...you got it...I’m afraid of what might pop out. When I decided to write about this I went to the internet to get the video. After all, why should I be the only one with a banana phobia?

Watch the video, it has a surprise ending. Not to give it away, but today I’m making banana muffins with the last of my bunch.


No comments: