Friday 27 April 2018

School Fundraisers

The schools are always having fundraisers, to pay for school trips or new equipment. As a grandmother, it is expected that I will do my part and support whatever that fundraiser might be.

The latest fundraiser at my grandkids' school was selling donuts. Krispy Kreme Donuts. Of course, I had to do my part and buy a dozen.

I remember a number of years ago when Krispy Kreme first came to Canada, but unfortunately the outlets to purchase were not in my area. People raved about how good these donuts were and even lined up to get them fresh from the oven.

My son just delivered my box, which had eight donuts in it. Funny, I always thought a dozen was twelve. Then he informed me he'd given the kids one each at the school.

I sat down with my tea and one of these baked delights and I must agree, this was the best glazed donut I've ever had. I could eat the whole box, but I won't. I'll share with my neighbor, maybe freeze some for later.

I'll still support the walk-a-thons, the read-a-thons, but the food fundraisers are the most appealing.

Remember those boxes of chocolate covered almonds from World's Finest?  Their outlet is not that far, a nice country drive away so I can still indulge.

Those donuts are looking too good, and I swear they are calling my name. Best I take some over to my friend, have her rescue me from overindulging.

A tasty treat, and money well spent.



No comments: