Friday 23 February 2018

Change One Thing...

Have you ever noticed that when you change something, be it a routine, vehicle, or the introduction of something new, there is a snowball effect and many things change because of it.

I got an i pad at Christmas, and it has caused many changes in my life.

I love the i pad, especially the portability and the camera. It's use has caused me to change the way I do things.

My daughter set the i pad up for me and I have had fun playing games, keeping up with Facebook and of course, my addiction, Pinterest.

Before I used my laptop and went through a morning routine, checking E mails, Facebook and Pinterest. I have many craft patterns saved to Favorites as I do the sites for keeping up with the Maple Leaf hockey schedule, the current tennis tournament and whatever is of current interest.

I use the laptop for writing, and because I have never set up my blogs on the i pad, I need to use the laptop there.

Here's where the change comes in. In the late fall I got a new chair with a big ottoman so I could put my feet up. But I don't have the proper table that would allow me to comfortably use the laptop. So I have not been writing, the book or either of my blogs. There are health issues that add to this but that's another issue.

I found I could use the i pad in bed, and as I need to rest, put my feet up, it seemed ideal. Except that the light glares on the screen and when I lie down the screen changes from vertical to horizontal every time I move. Damn annoying.

I found I was leaning up on one elbow to see the screen and keep it steady, but this put pressure on my shoulder and put a kink in my neck. Increased pain I don't need.

I can tell you the number of boards I have on Pinterest, and the number of pins has increased dramatically. I have such plans to create, crochet and art and photography. More ideas than energy I'm afraid.

I'm using the i pad so much there are days I don't use the laptop at all, and then I fall behind in checking E mails, the blog. I really need to get that set up on the i pad.

The biggest change with the i pad is the new ability I have to communicate. I now text with my kids and grandchildren, and just a short message at the end of the day is great, heart warming.

Now, a cell phone, maybe that will be my next adventure. What changes might that bring?


No comments: