Friday 5 May 2017

Ice Cream Cones

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream"

I know you can have ice cream all year round, but ice cream in a cone is a warm weather treat.

I've been a fan of Dairy Queen cones since early childhood. The family, including the dog, would often go to Dairy Queen. We would sit outside at the picnic table and eat our dipped cones,. The dog got a baby cone of his own, but his was plain because, you know, chocolate is bad for dogs.

I like the cones you get at the corner store after the grandkids sporting events. They also have picnic tables because cones in the warm weather are a messy thing, best not eaten in the car.

It was a strange thing, sharing ice cream cones with the grandchildren. I realized this is not a natural talent, but a skill that must be taught. You have to show these youngsters how to keep licking, to turn the cone, to stay ahead of the drips.

 It's a skill I've acquired over the years and with much practice.

No comments: