Thursday 14 July 2022

My Favourite Mug

 


I read this paragraph on Facebook this morning and had to laugh as I was drinking coffee, at the time, out of my favourite mug  

It’s large and has hand painted flowers on it. What makes it special is that it was a gift from my staff when I was leaving that facility to work in another town. That was in 1999, so I’ve been drinking my morning coffee from it for 23 years.

I’ve had other mugs that were also gifts, that became chipped and should probably have been discarded when I cleaned out the cupboard.  For sentimental reasons I keep them and put them to some other use. Like holding my paintbrushes on my paint cart.

Another old mug holds scissors, crochet hooks and a couple of pens next to my bed where I crochet at night while watching television.



I can always find a spot or use for a mug, especially those that make me smile when remembering the source.

No comments: