Tuesday 19 December 2017

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

I like a white Christmas as much as the next guy, but I prefer it not snow until I've completed all my holiday shopping. Then as nice as it is to see the snow on the actual holiday, I hope it holds off until people can get to their destinations safe and sound.

So we've had a lot of snow, and I am once again without boots. Or running shoes, or anything that could be deemed winter footwear.

I wear a plain pair of black crocs as I find them the easiest and most comfortable. If it rains, or like now, snows, my feet get wet.

I actually had thought ahead and ordered this neat pair of boots on line, for $20. I was willing to chance it as they were on sale and looked great. They came, as advertised, but were too small. My granddaughter liked them, and they fit her so all was well.

I dug around in my closet and found 6 pairs of sandals and one pair of leather backless shoes but with too much of a heel. Then I came across a pair of black suede moccasins. I wore them one day and found my toes cramped. They went to the same granddaughter and I am again bootless.

If I get out shopping it will be to buy boots or a sturdy pair of running shoes, and a small shovel to clear the path to the car door. I'm tired of my feet being cold and wet. Good thing the path to the road and the circle drive are shoveled and plowed, but the space between cars is never done, hence the need for a shovel.

I better get out this week, but first I'll check the weather forecast. It might be calling for freash snow and I have nothing to wear. Typical woman's complaint I know.

Here's wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday season.

No comments: