Thursday 30 November 2017

Toilet Paper

A few days ago I was in the bathroom and used the last of the roll of toilet paper. I picked up the new roll and left it on the counter, too lazy to make that supreme effort of changing the roll. The curse of living alone.

Next time in I changed the roll and thought about why the toilet paper companies went to the mega rolls...to make life easier for people like me.

It really is cost saving to buy the big rolls, as they seem to be more tightly wound. The smaller rolls I purchased, on sale, are so loose I could pull the cardboard tube out with ease.

All this heavy thinking about toilet paper reminded me of that old cartoon from For Better or For Worse about the Mom yelling at the kids for not replacing the roll of toilet paper when they used the last of it. The answer was...because she did, as most mothers would probably agree.

The new roll of toilet paper could sit on the counter for days until Mom comes along and puts it in its proper place.

I know this for a fact as I had the toilet paper sitting on the counter when the family came and after one of the grandkids used the bathroom it was still there. Whereas, when I have used the last sheet of toilet paper at someone else's home, I change the roll. It's a Mom thing.

And as I have a touch of OCD, and I like the toilet paper to hang over rather than under, I sometimes change the roll to my way of thinking. I wonder if anyone ever noticed or if it even matters to anyone else.

I do think from now on I'll continue to buy my toilet paper on sale, but from now on I'm looking for the mega roll.

No comments: