Monday 3 October 2022

A Matter of Time

 


My daughter said it was only a matter of time before I mistakenly used my coffee cup to wash my paint brushes. My supposed art table is very crowded. Bottles of gesso, matte medium, the one for brushes and the water bottle I never drank yesterday. 

I’m using an old magazine for a palette, easy to rip off a page at a time. So there are paint brushes and palette knives. 

Then there’s the paper towels and baby wipes.  If there are any painters out there, baby wipes will take off paint, so you can use it to lighten, or edit. Better if you seal the canvas first. I use matte medium to seal what I like and want to preserve, then if next bit doesn’t work I can baby wipe it off.

I’ve been painting like mad, with numerous works on the go, so have canvases all over the room in various  states of completion.  

There is a juried show in the local art gallery next month. I have entered this show off and on since 1987 and have always had at least one, if not more, submissions accepted.  

Let’s hope I can keep my streak going, and then find storage for all the completed works.

No comments: